Building on Cygwin

Eljay Love-Jensen eljay@adobe.com
Fri May 20 15:22:00 GMT 2005

Hi Kiat,

>...what is the cause?

I'm not sure if this is the cause of your problem, but it is a problem as far as I know:  you cannot configure & make GCC in the directory of the source, nor in any subdirectory thereof.

Delete your tainted GCC source directory.

Untar your GCC source directory fresh.

Create a peer directory to your GCC source directory.

Inside that peer directory, run the configure process (e.g., ../gcc-3.4.3-source/configure --enable-languages=c,c++ --prefix=/home/newshell/sh1), and then make.

NOTE:  I've had better luck referencing the configure script with a fully specified absolute path, but it appears that most people use a relative path.

HTH,
--Eljay