Dynamically linked libraries

Jeffrey Holle jeffholle@beu.midco.net
Mon May 23 14:08:00 GMT 2005

The linker not generating an import library indicates that the DLL module
doesn't have any exported symbols.
Is this because you aren't using __declspec__(dllimport)/__declspec__(dllexport)?

While you don't have to use an import library (static linking to the module),
I believe one needs to be generated before you can hope to use the module by
dynamically linking to it at runtime.