undefined references in std. lib functions

Deepak Soi sdeepak@cadence.com
Mon May 23 03:14:00 GMT 2005

Hi,
      I am getting lot of undefined references using gcc3.4 as

              1.)  undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char,
std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::_S_empty_rep_storage'
              2.)   cppmsg.o(.text+0x755): undefined reference to
`std::__default_alloc_template<true, 0>::deallocate(void*, unsigned int)

       Can you please let me know the reason of this problem.I shall be
thankful.Is there change in location of standard libs in gcc3.4

thanks
Deepak