gcc 3.3 cmath undefined errors

Eljay Love-Jensen eljay@adobe.com
Wed May 18 23:53:00 GMT 2005

Hi Wes,

>I have a question though about gcc -x c++/g++.  Are these the same thing?  What's the difference?

They are not the same thing.

gcc executes the C toolchain, and puts in C flags, C defines and C libraries.

g++ executes the C++ toolchain, and puts in C++ flags, C++ defines, and C++ libraries.

What all the little fiddly bits are I'm not 100% sure.  Use the -v flag (verbose) to see what they produce for you on your system.

Careful use of gcc can make it behave identical to g++.  But why bother?  :-)

HTH,
--Eljay