cc1 and object files vs. static libraries
Bernhard Beschow
shentey@web.de
Sun May 1 07:21:00 GMT 2005
Hi all,
for my own project I want to use large parts of cc1 compiler's code which is
part of the latest GCC-4.0.0 that I use. I figured that it would be easiest to
just use the object files and the static libraries directly.
As the cc1 binary consists of several object files besides some static
libraries, I put the object files (except main.o) into another static library
for easier handling. I called this static library libcc1.a.
However, when I try to link the cc1 executable using libcc1.a instead of the
separate objects, I get linking errors. The linker then complains about
dublicate definitions and missing symbol references although it should get
exactly the same objects out of the static libraries as with the normal
linking procedure. Can somebody please tell me what's going wrong here? And
what I can do to resolve the linking errors?
Any help is welcome.
Best regards,
Bernhard
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list