Problem with CStdString

Yogesh yogesh.kini@gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 09:23:00 GMT 2005

Hi Eljay, Corey
	I posted on the mailing list before throughly going through my code..
there is actually no problem with CStdString. The problem was with my
code( a memory leak elsewhere)..Really sorry for the trouble..

  Another thing I found this  is the beginning of the program(running on
metrowerks codewarroir 9)..

std::locale::global(std::locale(std::locale::classic() , new
std::__utf_8<wchar_t>));

Can anybody tell me what this code does..

On Mar 10, 2005, at 9:20 PM, corey taylor wrote:

> It looks like it boils down to assigning a std::wstring to a
> std::string.

BTW Corey, the '=' operator is overloaded which does the necessary
conversion..

> corey
>

> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 07:22:27 -0600, Eljay Love-Jensen
> <eljay@adobe.com> wrote:
>> Hi Yogesh,
>>
>> Note:  the author states that CStdString works on MSVC++ 5.0 and
>> MSVC++
>> 6.0, everything else is caveat emptor.
>>
>> That being said, it works for me on GCC 3.3 (20030304 Apple build
>> 1666) on
>> OS X 10.3.8.
>>
>> --Eljay

Thanks and Regards,