Compile errors
Parms singh
list_track@yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 00:06:00 GMT 2005
Hello Eljay,
Okay, I took your advise and changed the headers
carefully to the point that they are c++ complaint
headers.
The only difference between my original posting and
what I now have is that I have the following line
after the includes in the cc file:
using namespace std;
using __gnu_cxx::hash;
I get the exact same errors as my original posting.
Sorry about the bother.
Parms
--- Eljay Love-Jensen <eljay@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hi Parms,
>
> I strongly recommend avoiding <hash_map.h>, and
> instead recommend <ext/hash_map> which has symbols
> in the __gnu_cxx namespace.
>
> If you do want to use the backward compatibility
> header files, make sure you do not co-mingle
> backward compatibility header files with C++
> compliant header files. I suspect that may cause
> problems. (For instance, if you use <hash_map.h>,
> then you should use the non-compliant <iostream.h>
> and not the C++ compliant <iostream>.)
>
> Otherwise you may run into symbol collisions, such
> as the one you are running into with the swap symbol
> already being used.
>
> HTH,
> --Eljay
>
>
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list