building gcc-3.4.3 from source SuSE9.2 x86_64 problems

Simeon Nifos archwndas@yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 07:26:00 GMT 2005

I couldn't compile gcc-3.4.3 from scratch! I followed
the same procedure I am following up for years. It
stopped because it couldn't find in my SuSE 9.2 tree
the file crti.o which does exist in /usr/lib64. It
couldn't find it though and the compilation stopped.
That problem was solved when I installed gcc32
compatibility libraries from an FTP mirror of SuSE 9.2
x86_64. The compilation went on and I was very happy
to see that I can compile c++ programs.

I was not so happy though when I realized that those
programs I compiled successfully didn't run because
they couldn't load libstdc++.so.6. I could only run
statically linked programs! So what can I do for
that???

Thanks in advance!
Simeon N.