compiler a compiler?

Sisyphus sisyphus1@optusnet.com.au
Thu Jun 30 02:23:00 GMT 2005


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "The Railroad Crossing" <Mark@RRcrossing.com>
To: <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 9:32 AM
Subject: compiler a compiler?



>
> I know some of you will say that my troubles are suitable punishment for
> buying a Windows PC in the first place, instead of getting a
> Linux-loaded PC.  Well... I live and learn.

Not at all. I'm a Windows user, and I would simply say that your troubles
are "suitable punishment for wanting to install Cygwin".

Actually .... since you come from a nix background, it may well make good
sense for you to use Cygwin  - though I ponder the wisdom of electing to
purchase a Windows PC, and then trying to run it as a Linux PC :-)
I use Linux, too - but, having cut my teeth on Windows, I avoid Cygwin
(tried it once .... never again) and instead use the native Win32 port of
gcc (ie MinGW). If you ever decide you want to go down that path:
http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/MinGW-4.1.0.exe?download

Cheers,
Rob



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list