compiler a compiler?

The Railroad Crossing Mark@RRcrossing.com
Tue Jun 28 23:32:00 GMT 2005

I've just installed cygwin.  Now I want to add a C compiler.  I am
famialiar with gcc from my Linux experience at work, but can't compile
rthe gcc source because ./configure says I have no suitable cc
compiler.  It is correct.  That's why I downloaded the gcc source in the
first place.  Doh!  What I really need is a gcc binary for cygwin, but
all I can find on http://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html is a link to
the cygwin website, which I've already checked out.  I am going in
circles and really getting nowhere.  Can someone please get me off of
this ride?!

I know some of you will say that my troubles are suitable punishment for
buying a Windows PC in the first place, instead of getting a
Linux-loaded PC.  Well... I live and learn.  Right now I want to learn
how to get a compiled version of a C compiler on my Cygwin.  Can you help?

Mark