I couldn't build gcc.

北斗 星君 huangxiangkui@msn.com
Mon Jun 27 20:52:00 GMT 2005


I am a middle school student in China.

I build gcc-3.3.3 on my computer.But it is some error on it.

make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/e/ToolBuild/gcc-build/libiberty'
make[2]: Entering directory 
`/cygdrive/e/ToolBuild/gcc-build/libiberty/testsuite
'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory 
`/cygdrive/e/ToolBuild/gcc-build/libiberty/testsuite'

make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/e/ToolBuild/gcc-build/libiberty'
make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/e/ToolBuild/gcc-build/gcc'
(cd intl && make all)
make[2]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/e/ToolBuild/gcc-build/gcc/intl'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/e/ToolBuild/gcc-build/gcc/intl'
(MAKE="make"; srcdir=`cd ../../gcc-3.3.3/gcc/fixinc && ${PWDCMD-pwd}` ; \
CC="gcc"; CFLAGS="  -g -O2 -DIN_GCC -DCROSS_COMPILE  -W -Wall 
-Wwrite-strings -W
strict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional -pedantic 
-Wno-long-long
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGENERATOR_FILE"; LDFLAGS=""; \
WARN_CFLAGS="-W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes 
-Wmissing-prototypes -
Wtraditional -pedantic -Wno-long-long "; 
LIBERTY=`pwd`/"../libiberty/libiberty.a
"; \
export MAKE srcdir CC CFLAGS LDFLAGS WARN_CFLAGS LIBERTY; \
cd ./fixinc && \
/bin/sh ${srcdir}/mkfixinc.sh i686-pc-cygwin i386-pc-elf)
constructing ../fixinc.sh for i386-pc-elf to run on i686-pc-cygwin
make TARGETS=oneprocess SHELL="/bin/sh" CC="gcc" CFLAGS=" -g -O2 -DIN_GCC 
-DCROS
S_COMPILE -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes 
-Wtr
aditional -pedantic -Wno-long-long -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGENERATOR_FILE" 
LDFLAGS=""
LIBERTY="/cygdrive/e/ToolBuild/gcc-build/gcc/../libiberty/libiberty.a" 
install-b
in
make[2]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/e/ToolBuild/gcc-build/gcc/fixinc'
/bin/sh ../../../gcc-3.3.3/gcc/fixinc/genfixes machname.h
-uϵͳÕÒ²»µ½Ö¸¶¨µÄÎļþ¡£
make[2]: *** [machname.h] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/e/ToolBuild/gcc-build/gcc/fixinc'
make[1]: *** [fixinc.sh] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/e/ToolBuild/gcc-build/gcc'
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2

Because it is lacking of machname.h,I couldn't build it.

Somebody in gcc maillist tell me ask the question to Cygwin.

But the error is not Cygwin.Some people use Linux to build cross-gcc also 
appear this problem.

And I couldn't find the Cygwin's maillist.

And,the person who tell me to ask Cygwin,tell me that cygwin is not good to 
use gcc.But what can I use?Which GCC can I use on Win32?Which cross-GCC can 
I use on Win32?NO!No any one except Cygwin.

I do feel that the GCC source's error must ask GCC.
So give me some advise,please.I must build it.

_________________________________________________________________
ÓëÁª»úµÄÅóÓѽøÐн»Á÷£¬ÇëʹÓà MSN Messenger:  http://messenger.msn.com/cn  



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list