Toolchain building
Frank Schafer
frank.schafer@t-systems.cz
Wed Jun 8 15:14:00 GMT 2005
Hi,
I'm trying to build a custom Linux (something similar to LFS).
I've done so far:
Installed the kernel headers:
mkdir /tools/include
cp -HR include/asm /tools/include
cp -R include/asm-generic /tools/include
cp -R include/linux /tools/include
Installed glibc:
../glibc-x.x.x/configure --prefix=/tools \
--disable-profile --enable-add-ons=nptl \
--with-tls --with-__thread --without-gd \
--enable-kernel=2.6.0 --with-headers=/tools/include
make
make install
mkdir -p /tools/lib/locale
localedef -i de_DE -f ISO-8859-1 de_DE
localedef -i de ...
Installed binutils:
../binutils-2.16/configure --prefix=/tools --disable-nls
make configure-host
make LDFLAGS="-Wl,--dynamic-linker /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2" \
LIB_PATH=/tools/lib
make install
Is it possible to bootstrap a dynamically linked gcc at this point.
Something like:
../gcc-3.4.4/configure ... --prefix=/tools ...
make LDFLAGS="-Wl,--dynamic-linker /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2" \
CFLAGS="-nostdinc" \
LIB_PATH=/tools/lib bootstrap
make install
I can't figure out which BOOT_LDFLAGS / BOOT_CFLAGS or LDFLAGS / CFLAGS
I have to use for the step mentioned above.
Will I need all of the {,BOOT_}{LD,C}FLAGS or only some of them?
Did I get it right, that -nostdinc will lead to not using /usr/include?
Is there a common way not to run the fixincludes.sh or will I have to
edit the sources like the LFS nofixincludes-patch does?
Thanks for any idea
Frank
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list