Statically linking a shared library to another library to be statically linked
corey taylor
corey.taylor@gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 05:46:00 GMT 2005
Mohit,
What is the result that you are looking for? Do you not want to
specify libone.a if you link libtwo.a or something else?
corey
On 5/30/05, Mohit Kumar <mohit.kumar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> First of all, apologies for such a cryptic subject, even I took some
> time to figure out how should I frame the subject but could not think
> of any better way.
>
> I am stuck with the following scenario:
>
> Suppose I have three files: libone.a, libtwo.a and libmain.so, and I
> want to implement the followinf hierarchy:
> libmain.so
> |-----libtwo.a
> |-----libone.a
>
> As far as linking libtwo.a to libmain.so is concerned I am aware I
> need to use '-l' flag at link time.
> But is there a way I can link a .a file to another .a file?
>
> I am aware I can do the following:
> ar x libone.a ----> generates all the .o's
> ar q libtwo.o *.o's
>
> However I am looking for a cleaner way.
>
> Any help in this regard would be highly appreciable.
>
> Thanks,
> Mohit
>
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list