Info of gcc constants (defines) for native/host endianess
suresh.t@philips.com
suresh.t@philips.com
Mon Jan 10 09:56:00 GMT 2005
>>You can have macros available to the user like in the sparc backend
>>where the macros __LITTLE_ENDIAN__ and __BIG_ENDIAN__ are defined for
>>the corresponding options (whether its being used in little or big
>>endian configuration) .However this is at the discretion of the port and
>>not necessarily standard.
Thanks a lot. I did see this define for sparc but on a different arch
(linux on AMD) there was a different flag that i had to use. I was hoping
that there was something standard.
>>What is the architecture for which you need this ?
Sorry for incomplete info... its something like this
linux AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 248 server
SunOS on sparcv9
HP11.11 on ? ( some little endian CPU)
Actually what i was thinking was that i could get some (standard)
information for the flags to be used for common architecture families
I hope i can get it from some gcc header ;-)
Thanks
Suresh
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list