Building a cross toolchain : about newlib and sysroot option.
Ian Lance Taylor
ian@airs.com
Thu Jan 6 12:36:00 GMT 2005
Paul Chavent <paul.chavent@fnac.net> writes:
> I try to build a cross-compile toolchain for arm. I would like to use
> binutils-2.15, gcc-3.4.3 and newlib-1.13.0.
> I have two questions :
>
> 1) About newlib. I configure gcc with the option '--with-newilb'. So
> should i put the newlib directory in gcc sources ? For example :
> $ cp -R src/newlib-1.13.0/newlib src/gcc-3.4.3
That should work.
> Or/And should i put the newlib include dir in a specific directory ?
> For example :
> $ cp src/newlib-1.13.0/newlib/libc/include arm-thumb-elf/sys-include
> Or anything else.
That should not be necessary in the case of newlib.
> 2) About the sysroot option : is it usefull if i specify
> '--with-newlib' and that i copy the newlib sources in the gcc ones ?
> The sysroot seem to be in the $(PREFIX)/$(TARGET)/sys-root
> directory... but if i want to compile a cross toolchain with newlib,
> what should i put in this directory ?
The build process should handle it for you in the case of newlib.
Ian
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list