Error installing gcc 3.4.3 on Solaris 9
Carroll, John
John.Carroll@usap.gov
Wed Jan 26 19:20:00 GMT 2005
I get an error when installing (make install) gcc 3.4.3 on a Solaris 9
system, with most of the GNU utilities (ld, as, ar, make, etc) in place
of the Sun utilities.
I use the following configure:
gnu_src_dir="/usr/local/src/GNU"
${gnu_src_dir}/gcc-3.4.3/configure --prefix=/usr/local
--infodir=${info_dir} --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --with-system-zlib
The compile/"make" seems to complete fine... it is just when I
install/do a "make install" that it fails. Gcc, and most of the libs
install okay, but it fails with the following message (with some context
showing the end of the make):
# make
*snip*
creating rmiregistry
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/src/GNU/gcc-3.4.3/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libjava'
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/src/GNU/gcc-3.4.3/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libjava'
+ make install
*snip*
/bin/sh ../../.././libf2c/../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/lib/sparcv9
/bin/sh ./libtool --mode=install ../.././libf2c/../install-sh -c
libg2c.la /usr/local/lib/sparcv9
../.././libf2c/../install-sh -c .libs/libg2c.so.0.0.0
/usr/local/lib/sparcv9/libg2c.so.0.0.0
./libtool: ../.././libf2c/../install-sh: not found
make[3]: *** [install] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/src/GNU/gcc-3.4.3/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/sparcv9/libf2c'
make[2]: *** [multi-do] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/src/GNU/gcc-3.4.3/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libf2c'
make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/src/GNU/gcc-3.4.3/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/libf2c'
make: *** [install-target-libf2c] Error 2
#
Does anyone have any ideas about why this might be happening? It looks
like an incorrect path somewhere, but it seems others can compile and
install this fine, so it could be a Solaris 9 issue, or some issue with
my build, but I can't see it.
Thanks,
John
John Patrick Carroll
Systems Administrator
Raytheon Polar Services Company
John.Carroll@usap.gov
(720) 568-2125
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list