Problems with array size limits
Daniel Silvestre
jarretinha@gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 21:11:00 GMT 2005
Greetings GCC people,
I'm having problems in runtime with some programs. First of all, I'm a
newbie programmer with little experience, so any help goes !!
Some months ago, using Mandrake 10.0 community and its version of GCC
I've written some C programs to deal with genomic sequences.
Everything worked very well.
But now, using Mandrake 10.1 Official PP with gcc 3.4.1 or even icc
8.1 the programs compile but don run ! And tracing the problem I've
found:
collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault]
I've supposed that must be a problem with arrays size. Testing this
hypothesis showed that the size limits of arrays have changed. When I
reduce some arrays the problem vanishes.
How can I tell my gcc to surpass this size limit?
That's it !!!
Cordially,
Daniel Marques
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list