Linking problem on windows under cygwin
Jeffrey Morgan
kuzman@gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 08:55:00 GMT 2005
I now have more information related to the problem. The library
is not having problems loading the gtk dll like I reported earlier.
The java code is having trouble resolving the symbols of the gtkjni
dll. It is not having a problem loading the dll but cannot resolve
the JNI method calls. I searched the list and haven't seen any
postings related to this issue. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.
-Jeff
Jeffrey Morgan wrote:
> I am trying to compile part of the java-gnome language bindings called
> libgtk-java on Windows. I am able to compile to library under cygwin
> without problems. When I try to run an example application it loads the
> library libgtkjni.dll but fails to load the gtk dll (a lib linked
> during compilation). Both the gtkjni and gtk dlls are in my path and
> they are also both included in my java.library.path. I believe there
> might be some magic needed in my makefile to fix this problem but I
> don't know what. My automake entry to build the gtkjni dll is:
>
> libgtkjni_la_CFLAGS = $(GTK_CFLAGS) $(JNI_INCLUDES)
> libgtkjni_la_LDFLAGS = $(GTK_LIBS) -no-undefined -release $(gtkapiversion)
>
> GTK_LIBS and GTK_CFLAGS are values coming from pkgconfig. I
> am using the following parameters for autogen:
>
> env CC="gcc -mms-bitfields -mno-cygwin" ./autogen.sh
> --host=i386-pc-mingw32 --build=i386-pc-ming32
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks for your help.
> -Jeff
>
>
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list