bad branches from assembler, gcc3.4 arm

Scottie Shore umshore4@cc.umanitoba.ca
Mon Feb 14 01:53:00 GMT 2005

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, corey taylor wrote:
>   Does the program assembled this way run at all?  Your addresses do
> seem off by an offset in the encoding.
>
>   Are the values for the instruction encoding the same in the
> disassembly as they are in the binary?

I use the raw assembled code, stripped of object headers with objcopy, on
an embedded device. It's supposed to push out the test data to the serial
port. With the branch addresses the way they are, though, I don't get the
desired output.

I'm not sure how to interpret your last question, except to say that
arm-linux-objdump -d gives the same output from the object file as the
disassembler IDAPro gives on the raw binary, so I'm fairly confident that
the disassembly is accurate.

Scottie Shore <umshore4@cc.umanitoba.ca>
 - In general, if you notice double vision, you've gone too far.