problem with compiling library

corey taylor corey.taylor@gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 19:21:00 GMT 2005

Chris,

  GCC uses __attribute__ extensions for such declarations as
dlliimport and dllexport.

  http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.4.3/gcc/Function-Attributes.html#Function-Attributes
 has a section specifically on dllimport and dllexport and a
comparison to the declspec() Microsoft version.

  As you can see, unless you are compiling under cygwin, you will need
to use the __attribute__ keyword:

"On cygwin, mingw and arm-pe targets, __declspec(dllexport) is
recognized as a synonym for __attribute__ ((dllexport)) for
compatibility with other Microsoft Windows compilers."

corey