Function typedefs have any use?

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr@integrable-solutions.net
Mon Feb 7 04:45:00 GMT 2005


"Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming@starnetworks.us> writes:

| Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| 
| > If you believe you have a solution that actually works, then you have
| > the choice between:
| >   (1) writing a formal proposal and contact the ISO C commitee;
| >   (2) writing a formal proposal and convince the GNU C maintainers
| >       that your proposal worths adding to GNU C, and work out the
| >       details with them.
| 
| I don't think is a big enough issue for me to warrant that much effort
| :-) Certainly there is a lot of function pointer usage in many
| applications, and I think it would be beneficial to be able to define
| both the pointers and the functions themselves using the same typedef,
| but I don't think it's worth introducing potential code parsing
| problems.

I'm glad we share similary conclusions:

   # yes.  And I did not find it terribly annoying, compared to what I
   #  would have to come up with.

;-)

-- Gaby



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list