Adding a file while linking

Ramana Radhakrishnan ramana.radhakrishnan@codito.com
Fri Feb 25 17:08:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

> Ramana
>
> Coul you tell me how is the specs file created during build?
> Thanks for your help

The spec files can be changed by hand after you have built the compiler.

Take a look at the info pages for gcc . Search for Spec files.

Lets say you want to add a startfile depending on a command line option
you would do something like :

%startfile: {option: includeifoptionchosen.o%s} {!option:normal
startfileslist}

or just add this as a condition in your specs.(btw the %s is if you want
  the compiler driver to search for the files in the system specs.)

HTH

cheers
Ramana