Trace Scheduling in GCC

Vladimir Makarov vmakarov@redhat.com
Wed Feb 16 10:40:00 GMT 2005

Vladimir Makarov wrote:

> Ghassan Shobaki wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have previously studied superblock scheduling by importing
>> superblock DAGs from gcc and feeding them into my scheduler (I have
>> published my results at Micro in case you are interested:
>> http://www.microarch.org/micro37/papers/25_Shobaki-Superblock.pdf)
>>
> Thanks for the article, Ghassan.  But I don't think this is the first
> optimal algorithm as you wrote in your introdauction.  I implemented
> an analogous approach about seven years ago.  And I am sure I am not
> the first.

Ghassan, my appologies.  I've read your article.  What I wrote was about
optimal basic blocks scheduling.  I've not seen articles about optimal
scheduling beyond basic blocks.  So most probably your article is really
the first published work about optimal scheduling of superblocks.

My appologies again.

Vlad