AW: problems with make...

Tony Wetmore tony.wetmore@solipsys.com
Wed Feb 9 15:10:00 GMT 2005

Jupp:  This is definitely a question to be answered by a Qt mailing
list.  It has nothing to do with gcc.  Even make is not a part of gcc,
so that likely has its own mailing list as well.

Corey: If you are linking an executable against a static library, as
Jupp is doing, you must re-link the executable if the library changes,
otherwise your executable will NOT see the changes made in the library.
This is definitely something you would do in a Makefile for your
executable, probably something like this:

  executable: main.o staticlibrary.a
    LINK_COMMAND_HERE

That rule would trigger a re-link of the executable if either main.o or
staticlibrary.a were changed.

---
Tony Wetmore
Raytheon Solipsys