AW: Compiling own project results in much more errors than before

Roesner Thomas roesner.thomas@siemens.com
Mon Dec 19 12:31:00 GMT 2005


Dear John,
I'm sorry for my late answer.

Unfortunately one of the methods is >> 500 Lines of code and a verry confusing for me, but I can say that there are some casts of pointers wich result in errors since gcc4.

An other typical situation is the keyword extern in the header but static in the source.

The next one is , as far as I can see, a friend class without a class declaration.

There is no question to solve all the errors as fast as possible, but I'd like a "compatibility mode" to benefit from the new features of gcc4 with the behaviour of gcc 3.3.

Kind Regards
Thomas Roesner

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: John Love-Jensen [mailto:eljay@adobe.com] 
Gesendet: Freitag, 16. Dezember 2005 13:56
An: Roesner Thomas; MSX to GCC
Betreff: Re: Compiling own project results in much more errors than before

Hi Thomas,

What are the errors?

Can you provide a small (15-20 line) code example that produces the errors?

Thanks,
--Eljay



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list