m88k in cross compilation

Palmax Maverick palmax@gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 23:13:00 GMT 2005


Hi!
Thanks for write to me!
14 Dec 2005 12:09:12 -0800, Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com>:
> Palmax Maverick <palmax@gmail.com> writes:
>
> >  I want to cross compile to m88k from my x86 computer with GNU/Debian stable.
> >  I read your manual and I think that I have to compile gcc with
> > "--target=m88k" flag, because I don't find any debian package for do
> > it.
>
> Note that m88k support was removed from gcc as of the 3.4 release.
> The last release to support the m88k was 3.3.
I have a GNU/Debian stable with a gcc 3.3.5
>
> >  I'm a newbie in gcc compilations and I don't want to delete my basic
> > gcc installation, and I don't know how can I separate these 2
> > installations.
>
> By default they will not conflict.  You can ensure it by using
> --prefix when you configure the cross-compiler.
I want more information about cross compilation, because I dont
understand "--prefix". I have to read more manuals :D
>
> Ian
>
Palmax Maverick



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list