default cflags to compile

Nuno Lopes ncpl@mega.ist.utl.pt
Tue Dec 20 20:50:00 GMT 2005


> On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Nuno Lopes mused:
>>> On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, Nuno Lopes stipulated:
>>>> Update: I've tried to compile some sample sources, but linking has 
>>>> failed with:
>>>
>>> Yeah, linking two libraries using incompatible versions of libstdc++
>>> will be tricky, requiring linking against *both* copies using -Bgroup.
>>> (It's best to experiment using little testbed shared libraries exporting
>>> symbols of the same name, printing out different things from each shared
>>> library, until you grasp how -Bgroup works. It can be counterintuitive.)
>>
>> But I supposed that compiling it with proper -fabi-version would do the 
>> trick..
>
> If you do that *and* point the libstdc++.so symlink to libstdc++.so.5, you
> should be OK. (I didn't think of that. Oops.)
(...)
> If you repoint the .so (no need to do anything with the .so.[56] files
> themselves) and use the right -fabi-version, everything should just
> work, I hope. (I didn't think of that, even though in hindsight it's
> bloody obvious. Ah well. It's *much* more likely to work than messing
> with -Bgroup.)


Hi again,

Many thanks for your help. I've been able to build a couple of programs and 
link them. (although I've not tested to run them yet, only tomorrow I'll 
have access to a mips machine).
However not all programs are linking correctly. I've attached the errors 
I've got when building a Sony's example 
(http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~ncpl/openr_gcc4.txt).

I've built gcc 4.0.2 and replaced the 
mipsel-linux/lib/libstdc++.a/libstdc++.la/libsupc++.a/libsupc++.la with the 
ones generated by gcc 3.3.6.
What do I need to do now to make it link correctly?


Thanks in advance,
Nuno 
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: openr_gcc4.txt
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20051220/42b55b10/attachment.txt>


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list