problem with gcc 3.2.2

Mohamed Ghorab ghorab@aucegypt.edu
Sat Dec 10 09:30:00 GMT 2005

Dear Sir,

I am a student at the American University in Cairo, and I am facing
some problems with the gcc version 3.2.2. When installing a package on
linux, it tries to compile some files but outputs the following error:

/usr/include/c++/3.2.2/bits/fpos.h:60: 'streamoff' is used as a type,
but is not defined as a type.

This error is followed by many other errors (but I found the same
combination of errors a lot when trying to search for a solution on
google). I was wondering what the problem was and if there was a known
solution to it? Here are the contents of the /proc/version file, just
in case you need to know the version:

Linux version 2.4.25master (root@master) (gcc version 3.2.2 20030222
(Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5))

Any help would be greatly appreciated.