fortran compiler in Fedora 4

Rupert Wood me@rupey.net
Sat Aug 20 11:12:00 GMT 2005

Klein Sun wrote:

> After installing Fedora 4, I could not find g77. So I installed
> gcc4.0.1 myself. Everything worked fine during the installation.
> But, I still could not find g77. Where is it?

It's gone, replaced with gfortran:

    A new Fortran front end has replaced the aging GNU Fortran 77
    front end. The new front end supports Fortran 90 and Fortran 95.
    It may not yet be as stable as the old Fortran front end.

    http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.0/changes.html

If gfortran doesn't work for you, you'll need to go back to the gcc 3.4
series (currently 3.4.4) to get g77 back.

Rup.