Cross Compiler Unix - Windows

Gerald Pfeifer gerald@pfeifer.com
Mon Aug 29 20:02:00 GMT 2005

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Nix wrote:
> This is nonsense. I have a dozen cross-compilers on this box, all
> installed into /usr. They do not collide as long as you configure with
> --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs and
> --program-{prefix,suffix,transform-name} and make slight adjustments
> after installation (ditch libiberty.a and some locale and manpage stuff
> that doesn't get its name suitably adjusted).

mudflap is an offender as well, see Bugzilla #18244 (libmudflap
installs include/mf-runtime.h in version-independent path).

Java has libdata/pkgconfig/libgcj.pc and include/ffi.h.

And, like the man pages, the info files do not honor --program-suffix,
but for regular C, C++, Objective-C and Fortran development neither of
is a real killer, agreed.

Gerald