Cross Compiler Unix - Windows

Mike Stump mrs@apple.com
Fri Aug 26 01:08:00 GMT 2005

On Aug 25, 2005, at 5:53 PM, Ivan Novick wrote:
> Yes understood, but thats the whole point, cygwin runs on a windows
> machine...

Odd, I was running it on a solaris machine not windows.  Maybe you
forgot to recompile it on a UNIX machine?

configure --with-headers=/cygwin/usr/include --with-libs=/cygwin/usr/
lib target=i386-pc-cygwin && make && make install

would be an example of how I used to build one up, see the gcc
documentation for details.  --with-sysroot or some such might be
another way to to do it now-a-days.

> I would like to use a UNIX machine to compile the Windows DLL.

Yes.