Issues with memcpy

Javier Valencia jvalencia@log01.org
Wed Apr 27 13:03:00 GMT 2005


Brian Budge wrote:

>Could be my imagination, but are you assuming the size of your struct
>is 9 bytes?  This is most likely a false assumption.  Try using
>sizeof(t_st) instead.  Likely it's 12 bytes.
>
>  Brian
>
>  
>

I'm a bit confused, why is using 12 bytes if it's a char + 2 int's?
I think i'm not understanding something.

I've redone using sizeof(t_st) in all points and this is the output:

tigre@enigma collector $ gcc pro.c
tigre@enigma collector $ ./a.out
5 0 0 0 5 0 0 0 5 0 0 0

tigre@enigma collector $ gcc pro2.c
tigre@enigma collector $ ./a.out
5 fffffffa ffffffff ffffffbf 5 0 0 0 5 0 0 0
5 fffffffa ffffffff ffffffbf 5 0 0 0 5 0 0 0

It have changed a bit, but strange things continue happening in pro2.c



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list