GCC-4.0.0 compilation problem

Surya Kiran Gullapalli skg@fluent.co.in
Mon Apr 25 12:13:00 GMT 2005

Here is the info for SuSE Linux.

/nfs/skglnx/home/skg is my home directory

/nfs/skglnx/home/skg/temp/new/gcc-4.0.0 (source/build directory)

The command line configure option given as ./configure
--prefix=/nfs/skglnx/home/skg/.packages/gcc-4.0.0

make (the command i gave after configure).

I figured out, that the error message was coming in zlib directory.
cd zlib and issue ./configure , it fails.

but make and make install in zlib directory works fine.

the same is happening in boehm-gc directory also.

./config.status: line 1167: ./../../config-ml.in: No such file or directory

Thanks,
Surya

Eljay Love-Jensen wrote:

>Hi Surya,
>
>It is hard to diagnose the problem with the information you provided.
>
>For Novell/SuSE Linux and for Cygwin on Windows, please provide:
>
>The exact location of the GCC 4.0.0 source code.
>
>The exact location of the build directory you are using.
>
>The exact configure command line you used.
>
>And if it's anything other than "make", the make command line you used.
>
>Thanks,
>--Eljay

Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing
your temper or your self-confidence.
 -- Robert Frost
Surya Kiran Gullapalli,         Ph. (OFF) (020) 56522624
Sr. Development Engineer,
Fluent India Pvt. Ltd.,
Pune, India