Installation Issue
Muthukumar Ratty
muthu@iqmail.net
Tue Sep 21 15:49:00 GMT 2004
> In the end I had to do a search & replace through configure and all
> makefiles, and replace all the relative references to install.sh with
> the absolute path.
>
> Try it -- it might help you too.
No. This is absurd. Dont *ever* do this! Please RTFM.
>
> Lourens Janse van Rensburg...
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org] On
> Behalf Of John Drake
> Sent: 21 September 2004 00:37
> To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
> Subject: Installation Issue
>
> This problem seems to be quite common because I searched for it and
> there was a lot of forum posts asking for how to solve it but I couldn't
> find a solution.
>
> I'm running SuSE 9.1 and I downloaded the latest source code release for
> g++ gcc. My problem is when I try to run ./configure in the directory
> libstdc++-v3, it returns the following error:
>
> configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in ./../..
>
> Thanks, John
>
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list