Newbie Question for Windows

Tony Wetmore tony.wetmore@solipsys.com
Fri Sep 17 13:45:00 GMT 2004

> > Does GCC or any other freely licensed version have a GUI interface
> > such as MS Visual C?
>
> gcc does not.  There are various GUI interfaces which use gcc.

You may want to check out Source Navigator
(http://sourcenav.sourceforge.net/).  It's a free (GPL license)
development environment, useful for C and C++, as well as several other
languages.  I think it is a good IDE and it runs on Windows, Linux and
Unix platforms.

You will need to have the compiler and other tools installed separately,
as Source Navigator simply calls external programs (which you may
configure as needed) to build your code.  It works well with Cygwin
(http://www.cygwin.com), if you follow Ian's advice and use that project
to get GCC.

---
Tony Wetmore