Cross compile build problems

Brian Rose lists@brianrose.net
Tue Sep 28 15:35:00 GMT 2004


Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> Brian Rose <lists@brianrose.net> writes:
> 
> 
>>     ../../src/binutils-2.15/configure --target=m68k-elf
>>--prefix=$HOME/coldfire/bins/binutils/ -v
> 
> 
>>     ../../src/gcc-3.4.2/configure --target=m68k-elf
>>--prefix=$HOME/coldfire/bins/gcc/ -v
> 
> 
> Use the same --prefix for the binutils and gcc.
> 
> You may want to look at http://kegel.com/crosstool/
> 
> Ian
> 

I'll look at the cross tool soon. But for now, I got a little farther by 
using --prefix=$HOME/coldfire/bins on both of them. So my commands look 
like this (from my build directory)...

$ ../../src/gcc-3.4.2/configure --target=m68k-elf --prefix=$HOME/coldfire/bins
$ make all

It seems to get to the libc part and it then dies with this error message...

   configure: error: No support for this host/target configuration.

Looking up in the output I see the following messages...

   checking host system type... m68k-unknown-elf
   checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin


Is this correct? Shouldn't the host be i686-pc-cygwin? I'm trying to 
develop a compiler that runs on my Windows box (with cygwin) and builds 
binaries for a Motorola coldfire embedded microcontroller with no operating 
system.

What else should I be looking at?

--

Brian








More information about the Gcc-help mailing list