architecture-dependent optimizations

aimen bouchhima aimen.bouchhima@imag.fr
Tue Sep 28 09:12:00 GMT 2004

Hi all,
I'm trying to compile an application for two different target architectures
using gcc. My goal is to obtain 2 output binaries that have the same control
flow graph structure. The problem is that , some architecture-dependent
optimizations tend to modify the cfg structure by removing/merging basic
blocks etc. Trying to disable such optimizations (using command line
options), I found that this was rather a complex task cause they are
dispersed across different  optimization passes, and some times mixed with
other types of optimizations.
So my question is : Is there a simple and clean why to disable/enable
architecture-dependent optimizations that affect the cfg structure in gcc?

Thanks in advance for any hint or comment

Aimen