Problem linking objects generated from c++ and c/fortran files

Alexander Maltsev amaltsev@t-online.de
Sun Sep 26 18:10:00 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I have a compatibility problem. If I generate object files from c++ source
code (file.cc) with gcc, they are incompatilbe with object files generated
 from c or fortran sources (file.c or file.f) with g77/gcc. While linking I
always get error: reference not found. I looked into those object files
using emacs. The function interfaces look indeed different. E.g. the
function called interface which has two arguments:

double interface(int arg1, double* arg2)

looks like @interface@ in file.o obtained from file.c but somehow
different like @Z9interfaceiDR@ in file.o obtained from file.cc. Is it
possible to overcome this problem?
I would expect at least C and C++ compiler to generate compatible object
files. But it seems to be not the case.

--
Best regards / Freundliche GrÌße

Alexander Maltsev