relocation truncated to fit

Dennis Grevenstein dennis@pcde.inka.de
Sat Sep 25 11:51:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

I'm not sure, if I'm right here, but it's worth a try:
I'm using gcc-2.95.3 on SGI IRIX 4.0.5F with GNU Binutils
2.10.1. (Please don't laugh, I'm serious).
At the moment I'm stuck with perl-5.8.4. It does compile,
but the final linking fails with lots of these errors:

/usr/lib/libc.a(perror.o): In function 'perror':
perror.c:49: relocation truncated to fit: GPREL sdata

What could be the problem here? I know that gcc and
binutils work in general, because I can build other things.

If you reply, please add a CC: to me because I'm not
on the list. Thanks.

mfg
Dennis

--
There is certainly no purpose in remaining in the dark
except long enough to clear from the mind