changes in installation locations with gcc 3.4.X

Nix nix@esperi.org.uk
Thu Oct 21 16:13:00 GMT 2004


On 5 Oct 2004, lrtaylor@micron.com stated:
> More information would be useful.  For example, what was your configure
> line, where is GCC being installed, and where were you expecting it to
> be installed?

The original poster may be referring to the move of GCC's tool
executables (cc1, cc1plus, collect2 and so on) into a subdirectory of
libexec (well, $libexecdir, where the GNU Coding Standards have always
suggested that `executable programs to be run by other programs' should
reside).

This was implemented by Geoff Keating in
<http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2003-07/msg02803.html>
(the version that was finally committed was
<http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2003-07/msg03026.html>).
Nobody objected.

But you're right in that the complaint is vague enough that it
could refer to virtually anything else ;}

-- 
`[...] I certainly enjoyed putting it down. Perhaps I would have
 enjoyed putting it down even more if I were a veterinarian.'
     --- Mike Andrews on Dan Brown's _Digital Fortress_



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list