Macro expansion without merging include files

Sriharsha Vedurmudi sriharsha.v@redpinesignals.com
Fri Oct 1 13:15:00 GMT 2004

lego@gentoo.se wrote:

>Is it possible to only expand macros in a c source file without invoking
>the other preprocessor directives? I have studied the manual for the
>preprocessor and the m4 macro expander without comming up with any
>solution. Are there any other solutions for this problem perhaps?
>
>Sincere,
>Lego

gcc -E <filename>

-E will ONLY preprocess. No compilation/assembling/linking will take place.

If you already know that and are looking for something else, im Sorry.

Cheers

--
 * Sriharsha Vedurmudi