Help! gcc on HP-UX 11.0

Hernan Marrafini marrafini@yahoo.com
Fri Oct 29 19:30:00 GMT 2004


configuration:
--------------
HP-UX B.11.00 A 9000/800 658309373 two-user license
Pro*C/C++: Release 9.2.0.1.0 
GCC version 3.0 

description
-----------
we are trying to compile a Pro*C program in our server
HP-UX 11.0

we have made the following steps
to precompile the pro*c we use the Oracle Por*c
compiler in the following way:

>$ORACLE_HOME/bin/proc  code=ansi_c sqlcheck=full
user=inter/inter include=./../c sys_include=./../c
iname=fila_name

after that we generate the object code like this:

>gcc -I../c -I$ORACLE_HOME/precomp/hdrs
-I$ORACLE_HOME/precomp/public
-I$ORACLE_HOME/precomp/include  
-I$ORACLE_HOME/oracore/include
-I$ORACLE_HOME/oracore/public
-I$ORACLE_HOME/oracore/port/include
-I$ORACLE_HOME/nlsrtl/include   
-I$ORACLE_HOME/slax/include  -I. -O1 -fpic -DHPUX
-mpa-risc-2-0 -DSLS8NATIVE -DSLU8NATIVE -D_REENTRANT
-DHPUX_KTHREAD  -DSLXMX_ENABLE -DSLMXMX_ENABLE 
-DSLTS_ENABLE -D_PTHREADS -c file_name.c

and finally we generate the executable...

>gcc -L$ORACLE_HOME/precomp/lib/ -L$ORACLE_HOME/lib/
-L$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib/ -L$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/
-lclntsh -l:libcl.a -l:librt.sl -lpthread
-l:libnss_dns.1 -l:libdld.sl -lm  -lpthread -Wl,+s -o
$file_name.x $file_name.o

questions
---------
we have no experience in using gcc and i'd like to
know if we are using it right. the programs works, but
we are not sure about the options and flags we used.

our main interest is about optimization options and
flags.

best regards
hernan marrafini





__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list