Static Initializers

Kartchner Val Civ OO-ALC/MASHA Val.Kartchner@HILL.af.mil
Mon Oct 18 17:29:00 GMT 2004

All,

I have received a few quick responses.  Thanks for getting back to me so
quickly.  Let me provide some of the answers that have been (implicitly)
asked.

The Verdix Ada compiler only supports Ada 83.  From searching their manuals,
I haven't found the equivalent of "adainit" that is supported in Ada 95.
The vendor hasn't been much help in this respect either.

That's why I was hoping to get the help from the g++ side.  Since it is open
source and I may be able to get the ear (or eye) of the person(s) who handle
that part of code generation, I figured I could get a quick answer from the
open-source community.

Our users are being upgraded to the latest Solaris, but that will take about
two years.  In the meantime, we have to support our software on Solaris 2.5
and the Verdix compiler (both from the '90's).  We also have to develop for
the new Solaris.  So we have two target systems, that we're trying to use
the same code base on.

One of the replies suggested that I generate the assembler code and see what
gets called to initialize the statics and globals.  I'm in the process of
doing that.  I'll let this mailing list know what I find out.

Thanks again for the quick responses,

- Val -