Error 'Make: line 1192: syntax error. Stop'

Olivier FOURDAN olivier.fourdan@regis-dgac.net
Thu Nov 18 14:11:00 GMT 2004

Hi

Well, I dont't know then.

All I can say is that I get these kind of errors when I don't use the
required GNU make on HP-UX 11 (From the prerequisite page
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html, GNU make 3.79.1 is
required). Maybe you have an older version of GNU make?

If that still doesn't do the trick, it might be worth checking the HP-UX
11 specific notes for HP-UX 11:
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#hppa*-hp-hpux11

At last, you may look at what's really at line 1192, that might help
categorizing the problem :)

PS: I copy the list, I guess it's better to keep the discussion on the
dedicated list.

HTH,
Cheers,
Olivier.