gcc 3.3 / i386 / -O2 question

Sriharsha Vedurmudi sriharsha.v@redpinesignals.com
Wed Nov 17 11:37:00 GMT 2004


When I run this program:

------------------------------------------------------------
#include<stdio.h>

int H(int X, int Y)
{
         return X*Y;
}
int main()
{
	int A,B,C;
         A=B=C=100000;
         A+=H(B,C);
	printf("\nA = %d\n",A);

	return 0;
}
------------------------------------------------------------

I always get: 1410165408, irrespective of whether I use O0 or O2.

I am using:
------------------------------------------------------------
bash-2.05b$ gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2/specs
Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix 
--disable-checking --host=i386-redhat-linux --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)
bash-2.05b$
------------------------------------------------------------

So, I am not able to reproduce the original complaint itself....


Sriharsha.


-- 
  *****************************
  * Sriharsha Vedurmudi			
  * Software Engineer		
  *
  * Redpine Signals Inc.	
  * Gate #395, Plot 87,88			
  * Sagar Society, Road #2,
  * Banjara Hills,		
  * Hyderabad - 500 034			
  * www.redpinesignals.com	
  *							
  * +91-40-23559911  (Office)
  * +91-9849133133   (Mobile)
  *****************************



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list