required disk space?
Mike Wyatt
wyatt.mike@gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 19:34:00 GMT 2004
thanks for the reply
I ended up removing what I could, and getting enough free space for it
but yeah, I was already doing a make bootstrap4-lean, and before that
I had tried a make bootstrap-lean, both stopped due to low disk space
but no worries now, I've gotten GCC completly compiled, thanks anyways!
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:28:02 -0700, lrtaylor@micron.com
<lrtaylor@micron.com> wrote:
> It builds three copies of the compiler, so it can take up a lot of
> space. From the installation docs:
>
> If you are short on disk space you might consider make bootstrap-lean
> instead. This is identical to make bootstrap except that object files
> from the stage1 and stage2 of the 3-stage bootstrap of the compiler are
> deleted as soon as they are no longer needed.
>
> Try "make bootstrap-lean".
>
> Thanks,
> Lyle
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org] On
> Behalf Of Mike Wyatt
> Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2004 9:47 AM
> To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
> Subject: required disk space?
>
> I'm trying to make bootstrap4-lean with over a gig free, and I am
> getting errors due to no disk space
>
> low and behold, it's true, the gcc make has used up over a gig
>
> is this normal?
>
> how much disk space does it usually take up, so that I can see if the
> note from the install instructions will be of any use
>
> --
> - Mike Wyatt
>
--
- Mike Wyatt
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list