Array of Structures Initialization

Ramana Radhakrishnan ramana.radhakrishnan@codito.com
Mon Nov 15 14:42:00 GMT 2004


Kevin Stedman wrote:
> Hello All,
> 
> Can someone give me an idea on how to figure out what
> is going on with my initialization of an array of
> structures.  This code compiles on Sun using the Sun
> One studio CC compiler.  I am porting it to lnux and
> have never seen this problem before.  Code examples of
> what I am trying to compile are below.  Everything is
> in the C header file.  When I compile I do not have
> any gcc flags except for -g -c -o.  I get error
> messages: "initializer element is not constant" and
> "incompatible types in initialization" on every line
> of the initialization of the array of structures
> below.
> 
> #define INTEGER4 4
> #define REAL8 8
> #define STRING 9
> 
> typedef union{
> 	double RealX8;
> 	long IntX4;
> 	char *Str;
> } InputValue;
> 
> typedef struct _Arguments{
> 	int keyword;			
> 	char *prompt_string;		
> 	char *default_string;		
> 	int type;			
>         InputValue default_value;	
> } Arguments;
> 
> Arguments SortLightningArgs[]={
> 	{Title, "NLDN Sort Routine (US
> only)",NULL,INTEGER4,NULL},
> 	{UserDefined,"Minimum propagation
> delay",".001",REAL8,NULL},
> 	{UserDefined,"Maximum propagation
> delay","1.0",REAL8,NULL},
> 	{UserDefined,"Minimum latitude","20.0", REAL8,NULL},
> 	{UserDefined,"Maximum latitude","50.0", REAL8,NULL},
> 	{UserDefined,"Minimum longitude","-50.0",
> REAL8,NULL},
> 	{UserDefined,"Maximum longitude","-150.0",
> REAL8,NULL},
> 	{UserDefined,"Input file containing NLDN event
> times","lightning.times.251_253", STRING,NULL},
> 	{UserDefined,"Output file containing list of time
> differences and intensities",
>                    "HistoTimeDifs.txt", STRING,NULL},
> 	{NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL}
> };


I assume you want to define Title, UserDefined  somewhere ? Also you 
might like to include stdio.h for NULL ?

cheers
ramana



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list