Linking library compiled with Forte and GCC!

Tan, Ryan ryantan@drs-c4i.com
Wed Nov 24 18:17:00 GMT 2004

Hello,

I am new to GCC community. I hope someone can help me.
Is it still true that there is no way I can link
the library compiled with different compilers?
I searched thru the mailing list and found one thread
from 1999.

My environment:
GCC 3.4.2 on Solaris 5.8.
Forte v6u2 C++ compiler.

I have a file (A.cc) using CNI to call Java class compiled in g++ 3.4.2.
I have other file (B.cc) that call the class in A.cc compiled using Forte
compiler.
I created the library (libA.a) from the above object files.

Now I created an application App.cc (compiled using Forte) that links the
libA.a
but got a link error with undefined symbol in B.o

I have compiled everything with GCC compiler that it works. I was wondering
if
I can use the Forte compiler since I don't want to limit the customer to use
the same compiler.

Thanks in advance!

 -ryan-

 -ryan-