template behavior

Al Niessner Al.Niessner@jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Nov 16 16:54:00 GMT 2004

Has template behavior changed because I could not find a matching
changing in the change log at gcc.gnu.org?

I have code (octave-forge source to be specific) which contains the line

template std::map<std::string,std::string>;

and compiles just fine with gcc < 3.4.1 && gcc > 3.2. To  get it
compiling and working with gcc 3.4.1, I had to #ifdef that line away
with the 3.4 series of compilers. I then searched the change log for
something that would indicate this behavioral change and did not see it
-- does not mean it is not there but rather that I did not find it with
my searches and quick scanning. So did something change in gcc that I
missed or is my compiler non compliant with the standard?

--
Al Niessner <Al.Niessner@jpl.nasa.gov>
Jet Propulsion Laboratory

All opinions stated above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
those of JPL or NASA.

 ----
 ----