Arm and big endian

Pierre Habraken Pierre.Habraken@imag.fr
Tue May 18 14:11:00 GMT 2004

Having browsed the archive of the list, I know that a lot of questions
around this subject were posted in the past, but I did not found any
clear answer to the problem I am faced to :

I want to compile gcc and newlib so that big endian code is generated
for newlib (this is for teaching purpose).

Though I understand that multilib is activated by default, I do not need
the multilib option since I want 32 bits and big endian code only.

The configure doc. (in INSTALL dir.) says that there is an option for
disabling biendian (BTW, does here "bi" mean "big" or "bi-" ?...), but
nothing for enabling it.

I tried --enable-biendian : configure does not complain about it but
apparently does not take it in account.

So my question is : What configure option I have to set up for gcc in
order to get newlib being cross-compiled to big endian code ?

Has someone succeeded in doing that (with or without multilib support) ?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help !

Pierre
--
Pierre HABRAKEN - mailto:Pierre.Habraken@imag.fr
Tél: 04 76 82 72 83 - Fax: 04 76 82 72 87